Sunday, July 15, 2007

Do cucumbers go bad?



I bought two cucumbers the other day. I made shrimp and cucumber salad with one and forgot about the other. Today I went through my stuff in the fridge and saw it, so it was about uh, maybe a week old. However there's some sticky stuff on the surface, which was kinda gross. Well I usually peel and seed the cucumber so it didn't really seem to matter. I just wondered what that sticky stuff was since cucumbers are usually waxed on the surface. Yuck~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did you ever find out? I just googled"Do cucumbers go bad"and this website came up!I just went to my frige and took out 2 cucumbers that don't look to good, so I am looking for the answer too.Just curious if you ever found out seeing nobody answered you!So I thought Id leave a message Although this is from years ago!.Better late than never!:)