Wednesday, April 4, 2007

I guess you need some luck to see cherry blossom

I think I'm a little too obsessed with the whole cherry blossom thing. I basically travel to Tokyo (on the way back to Taiwan) every year and usually it's in winter. The original plan of my latest trip was to go last December, but I was so busy that I had to postpone my trip twice. I finally made my decision because Ayu's Taipei concert was announced. I decided to go back in March.

I never saw cherry blossom in Japan before. Actually the only cherry blossom I saw was from the backyard of our old house. We had a cherry tree. This was the first time I was so close to see that in Japan because of the warm winter this year. The weather bureau estimated the cherry trees would bloom on March 18th. However, there's sudden drop of temperature during my visit. It was very cold like winter never left. My dream of seeing cherry blossom was therefore shattered.

Here's a picture of ONE cherry tree we saw in Yasukuni Jinja (靖国神社). We were supposed to see sakura fubuki (桜吹雪)!



Anyway, I'm now back to the US. What I can only do is to have some sweet sakura tea and look at my little souvenir lol.


sweet sakura tea. It's got real cherry blossom in it!


little souvenir from Yasukuni Jinja. Look how pretty it is.

No comments: